Fees and Payment Information
Registration fees vary by test. Select a test to find out specific test fee information.
Registration fees must be paid using a credit, debit, or check card .
|Change of Registration||No fee||N/A|
|Additional copy of test results (per copy)||$10||Cashier's check or money order|
|Score verification (constructed-response section of one subtest)||$50|
|Fee to clear an account (for example, due to a disputed credit card charge)||$20|
For information about payments and resolving an outstanding balance, read the payment policy .
If you are due a refund of test registration fees, your refund will be issued by Evaluation Systems as a credit to your credit card account within five weeks of your request. If you applied a voucher toward registration fees, the amount of the voucher will not be refunded.
If you are absent from the test, you will not receive a refund or credit of any kind. (See the absentee policy .)
If after registering for a test you would like to withdraw the registration you may do so as indicated below.
- If you have not yet scheduled your test appointment: Submit a withdrawal request through your account.
- If you have already scheduled your test appointment:
- First, cancel your test appointment at least 24 hours before your scheduled testing time. To cancel your test appointment, log in to your account, select Reschedule, and follow the instructions provided.
- After canceling your test appointment, submit a withdrawal request through your account.
- CBEST, CSET, & CTEL: If you registered to take multiple subtests/sections and would like to withdraw registration for some, but not all, subtests/sections, you must withdraw the entire registration and submit a new registration with the new subtest/section selection.
If after registering for a test you would like to withdraw the registration, log in to your account, select "Confirm or Modify a Registration," and follow the directions provided.
- CBEST: If you withdraw by the late registration deadline, you will receive a full refund of the test fee.
If you registered during the late registration period, the late registration fee will not be refunded.
You may not withdraw your registration or receive a refund if you register during the emergency registration period.
CSET: If you withdraw by the refund deadline, you will receive a full refund of the test fee.
If you have registered for a video assessment, have not yet submitted your materials for scoring, and would like to withdraw the registration and receive a partial refund, submit a Withdrawal Refund Request Form, available to download and print from the Forms page.
- RICA: If your request to withdraw a RICA Video Performance Assessment registration is received by the final submission deadline of the program year, you will receive a partial refund of $65.
If you are absent, you will not receive a refund or credit of any kind. You will need to register and pay again to test on a future date.
Emergency circumstances. If you are absent from a test session because of an emergency circumstance (illness, injury, hospitalization, or death in the immediate family), you may be eligible to receive a fee voucher that you may use to register for a future test session.
To request a voucher, you must mail or fax to Evaluation Systems
- a letter describing the emergency situation, and
- written documentation, such as a dated newspaper obituary or a dated letter signed by a professional licensed to diagnose or treat the emergency condition (e.g., physician), on that person's professional letterhead.
Documentation from a medical professional must specifically excuse you from testing on the date of the test. Documentation containing electronic signatures will not be accepted.
The letter and required documentation must be received at Evaluation Systems within 30 calendar days after the missed test session.
If you have any outstanding balance owed by you to Evaluation Systems after a test administration for which you were registered, all of your test results for that test date may be permanently voided and therefore not reported to you, to the CTC, or to any institutions.
The following policies apply to you when you have an outstanding balance with Evaluation Systems:
- You will be assessed an additional fee to cover the processing required to clear your account.
- You will not be allowed to register for future test dates until your balance, which includes the additional fee, is paid in full.
- Any credits or refunds for which you may be eligible will be applied first to your outstanding debt, with any excess to be returned to you.
If a credit card charge for an Evaluation Systems service for you is disputed:
- You may not be allowed to make any future payments by credit card.
- You must make your payment to clear your account by cashier's check or money order only.
- If you attempt to pay for any further services by cashier's check or money order before clearing your account, any payments received will be applied first to your outstanding debt, with any excess applied to the requested services.
Paying with Credit, Debit, or Check Card
The registration fees must be paid using a credit card (MasterCard or VISA only) or a debit or check card that carries the MasterCard or VISA logo and that can be used without the entry of a personal identification number (PIN). Bank cards without a MasterCard or VISA logo cannot be accepted. The merchant name that will appear on your credit card statement is "Eval Systems Test Fee."
Paying with Check or Money Order
Cashier's checks and money orders must be made payable to Evaluation Systems in U.S. dollars. Please write the last five digits of your Social Security number on your cashier's check or money order. Do not send cash.
Copyright © 2016 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved.
Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004