The Commission on Teacher Credentialing has added 30 minutes to the administration of CSET: English Subtest III (test code 107), effective with test administration dates beginning June 13, 2016.
CSET: English consists of 4 subtests:
- Subtest I (test code 105)
- Subtest II (test code 106)
- Subtest III (test code 107)
- Subtest IV (test code 108)
You may register to take any one subtest or all four subtests in a single test session.
- Subtest I: 50 multiple-choice questions
- Subtest II: 50 multiple-choice questions
- Subtest III: 2 constructed-response questions
- Subtest IV: 4 constructed-response questions
Subtest II: 1 hour
Subtest III: 1 hour and 30 minutes (extending to 2 hours beginning June 13, 2016)
All 4 subtests in a single session: 5 hours and 30 minutes (extending to 6 hours beginning June 13, 2016)
Learn more about how the subtests are administered in a single session .
15 additional minutes is provided to complete a nondisclosure agreement and tutorial. Any time taken for breaks is considered part of your available testing time.
Subtest II, III, and IV: $75 per subtest
$297 for all subtests taken together
Review complete fee and payment policy information.
Before you test, review the list of materials that are prohibited at the test center .
Tests may include questions that are evaluated for future administrations and do not affect a candidate's score.