CSET: MathematicsCSET: Mathematics consists of 3 subtests:
- Subtest I (test code 211)
- Subtest II (test code 212)
- Subtest III (test code 213)
For the Single Subject Teaching Credential in Mathematics, you must pass Subtests I, II, and III . This credential authorizes teaching all mathematics coursework.
You may register to take any one subtest in a single test session.
- Subtest I: 35 multiple-choice questions and 3 constructed-response questions
- Subtest II: 35 multiple-choice questions and 3 constructed-response questions
- Subtest III: 30 multiple-choice questions and 2 constructed-response questions
Subtest III: 2 hours
15 additional minutes is provided to complete a nondisclosure agreement and tutorial. Any time taken for breaks is considered part of your available testing time.
Review complete fee and payment policy information.
Review test results release dates .
Before you test, review the list of materials that are prohibited at the test center .
A graphing calculator will be allowed for Subtest II only. Examinees must bring an approved graphing calculator to the test administration.
Subtests I, II, and III include one or more assignments that allow you to handwrite and scan responses. See scanning instructions and the hand-draw tutorial video for information on how to use a response sheet for handwritten responses. (The instructions will be available during testing.)
Tests may include questions that are evaluated for future administrations and do not affect a candidate's score.