The 2014–2015 testing windows for the CTEL examination are now available. Registration for the August 2014 testing window is now open. Registration for the three other 2014–2015 testing windows will open on July 30th.
The CTEL consists of 3 subtests:
- CTEL 1: Language and Language Development (test code 031)
- CTEL 2: Assessment and Instruction (test code 032)
- CTEL 3: Culture and Inclusion (test code 033)
You may register to take 1 or all 3 subtests in a single test session.
- CTEL 1: 50 multiple-choice questions and 1 essay
- CTEL 2: 60 multiple-choice questions and 2 essays
- CTEL 3: 40 multiple-choice questions and 1 essay
CTEL 2: 2 hours and 45 minutes
CTEL 3: 1 hour and 30 minutes
CTEL subtests 1, 2, and 3 in a single session: 6 hours
Learn more about how the three subtests are administered in a single session .
15 additional minutes are provided to complete a nondisclosure agreement and tutorial.
CTEL 2: $147
CTEL 3: $99
CTEL subtests 1, 2, and 3 in a single session: $260
Review complete fee and payment policy information.
Review test results release dates .
Read them now.
Tests may include questions that are evaluated for future administrations and do not affect a candidate's score.