The CTEL consists of 3 subtests:
- CTEL 1: Language and Language Development (test code 031)
- CTEL 2: Assessment and Instruction (test code 032)
- CTEL 3: Culture and Inclusion (test code 033)
You may register to take 1 or all 3 subtests in a single test session.
- CTEL 1: 50 multiple-choice questions and 1 essay
- CTEL 2: 60 multiple-choice questions and 2 essays
- CTEL 3: 40 multiple-choice questions and 1 essay
CTEL 2: 2 hours and 45 minutes
CTEL 3: 1 hour and 30 minutes
CTEL subtests 1, 2, and 3 in a single session: 6 hours
Learn more about how the three subtests are administered in a single session .
15 additional minutes is provided to complete a nondisclosure agreement and tutorial. Any time taken for breaks is considered part of your available testing time.
CTEL 2: $147
CTEL 3: $99
CTEL subtests 1, 2, and 3 in a single session: $260
Review complete fee and payment policy information.
Review test results release dates .
Before you test, review the list of materials that are prohibited at the test center .
Tests may include questions that are evaluated for future administrations and do not affect a candidate's score.